SITE WILL BE MIGRATING SOON.
VISIT geniustechhub.com TO CONTINUE ENJOYING OUR CONTENT.
Today we’ll learn how to restore HTC devices to stock ROM after you have soft bricked the device; or maybe you just want to restore to original ROM before selling it. We will be dealing with the HTC Vivid/Velocity/Holiday for today.
Before you start, make sure you have at least 50% battery charge. If the device goes off during the flashing process, you may end up with a hard bricked device. We don’t want that do we?
Also, you need to set up your computer so that it can properly recognize your phone. You probably did this already when you rooted and flashed your phone to use a custom ROM. If not, download the HTC Sync software to install all the necessary drivers.
Next, download the right RUU (Rom Update Utility) file for your device. The correct RUU file for HTC Vivid/Velocity/Holiday can be found here. All other ROMS for other HTC devices can also be found here. Make sure to download the .exe file from the list.
So now that you have all the files available, let’s start the process. You can follow the pictures to make things a bit easier.
1. Run the RUU file to begin. The file name should be like this: htc_vivid_att_RUU_3.26.502.56_US. This is for cellular networks (AT&T).
2. Simply follow the prompts that follow as seen in the photos below:
3. During this stage, boot the phone into bootloader (power off, hold down volume and press power) and highlight FASTBOOT using the volume rocker and pressing power. Then connect the USB cable. You should see FASTBOOT USB.
4. Open a command prompt in Windows and navigate to the folder where you installed Android SDK tools (the folder where you run adb commands from. If you haven’t done this already, then you need to do it now). Flash the stock recovery using the following command:
fastboot flash recovery
5. Relock the bootloader using the following command:
fastboot oem lock
After this your device should reboot and restore to its original condition. Leave comments below if you encountered any issues so we help you out. Happy flashing 🙂